About the Health Care Career Conference
Hosted by Baptist Health, this free Health Care Career Conference is open to all high school students in grades ninth through 12th.
Those who attend will have the opportunity to:
- Choose two career pathways in health care to explore
- Speak with health care heroes in a range of roles
- Learn more about the academic and licensure requirement
- Network with local college representatives.
Everyone registered by September 30th will have their name entered into a drawing for a FREE iPad. The deadline to register is October 4.
What pathways in health care will be covered?
You can select two pathways to explore at the conference. There are five options:
1. Diagnostic Services – The diagnostic services pathway is made up of careers that use tests to detect, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, or other physical conditions. Some common careers that fall under diagnostic services include:
- EKG Technician
- Radiology Technologist
- Ultrasound Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
2. Therapeutic Services – The therapeutic services pathway is the most popular pathway in health science. It’s focused on working with patients to provide care, treatment, or counseling to improve the patient’s status over time. Common careers in therapeutic services include:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Registered Nurse (RN)
3. Health Informatics – The health informatics pathway involves a wide variety of occupations made up of people responsible for managing patient information, financial information, and computer applications related to health care. This pathway includes careers such as:
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Health Information Technician
- Nurse Manager
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Hospital Administrator
- Information Services Technician (IT)
4. Support Services – The support services pathway is often unnoticed by patients, but it’s what keeps healthcare facilities running. Support services employees work behind the scenes to ensure other health care professionals can accomplish their duties. Some common careers in support services include:
- Dietary Technician
- Biomedical Equipment Technician
- Medical Librarian
- Hospital Maintenance Engineer
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Plant Facilities Engineer
5. Biotechnology Research & Development – The biotechnology research & development pathway is a great fit for students who excel in science classes. It includes a range of careers that use advancements in science and technology to improve healthcare. These careers include:
- Biomedical engineer
- Forensic science technician
Have additional questions?
Email Baptist Health Community Partnership Coordinator, Paul Cook, at [email protected] or give him a call at 904.202.4922.
For more information: Paul Cook / 904-202-4922 / [email protected]