Join Beaches Museum in celebrating all things train during our annual “Riding the Rails: Pablo Beach Train Day” event on September 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Attractions will include:
– Three operating model train layouts
– Local band “Double Take” will play live music including train songs from days-gone-by
– A car show dubbed “Cars Through the Decades”
– The trackless train makes its return this year, hop aboard for rides through the neighborhood!
– The Museum’s 1911 steam locomotive, the 1900 Florida East Coast Foreman’s House and the Mayport Depot will also be open to the public with volunteers present to answer any questions guests may have
– All aboard for “Make It and Take It!” Ride the rails to this crafty station where children can create their own Chugga Chugga Choo Choo Art and Train Day souvenir
– Operation Lifesaver will provide train safety materials and offer goodies for the kids
– Boy Scout Troop #37 will be selling beverages and lunch items including hamburgers and hotdogs
To open the “Riding the Rails: Pablo Beach Train Day” celebration, Beaches Museum is proud to present our first annual “Rails and Ales.” This event will feature a screening of the critically acclaimed silent film by Buster Keaton, “The General,” train-themed trivia, and drinks to accompany the fun. “Rails and Ales” will take place on September 9th, doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and trivia will start at 8:00. Register with your team (up to five people) .
“Riding the Rails: Pablo Beach Train Day” is free and open to the public. Pre-register for this event or call 904-241-5657 for more information.
For more information: *no contact name provided / *no phone provided / [email protected]